Dr. Kruter’s Professional Accomplishments
4425 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Suite 200
Coral Gables, Florida 33146 USA
305.443.6606 (p) 305.443.4890 (f)
2001 Columbia University, B.A, Philosophy-Economics, New York, NY.
2005 University of Pennsylvania, Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program, Philadelphia, PA.
2010 Indiana University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN.
Post Graduate Training
2010 – 2011 Intern Department of Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.
2011 – 2014 Resident Department of Dermatology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.
2014 – 2015 Fellow in Micrographic and Dermatologic Oncology, Fellow in Laser and Cosmetic Surgery, SkinCare Physicians – Director: Thomas Rohrer MD, Jeffrey Dover MD, Chestnut Hill, MA.
2014 Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology
2015-2019 Medical and Cosmetic Dermatologist, Mohs Surgeon – Full Time, Mariwalla Dermatology West Islip, NY.
Fluent in Portuguese, Spanish.
Other Professional Experience
2014 – 2015 Dermatologist – Contracted Provider, Dedham Medical Associates, Dedham, MA.
2006 – 2010 Research Assistant and Data Manager, Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN.
2008 – 2010 Emergency Department Extern, Saint Francis Hospital, Beech Grove, IN.
2007 Research Assistant, Breast Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
2005 Research Assistant, Neuro-Oncology Program, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
2001 – 2002 Programming Quality Control Analyst, Bloomberg LLP, New York, NY
Honors and Awards
2014 – Medical Student Teaching Award, Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
2009 – Gerald Bepko Award for Community Service, Indiana University School of Medicine.
2009 – Gold Humanism Society, Indiana University School of Medicine.
2009 – Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Indiana University School of Medicine
Professional and Society Memberships
American Academy of Dermatology
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Women’s Dermatologic Society
2016 – 2017 Member, Professional Conduct Committee, ASDS
2016 – 2017 Mentor, Future Leaders Network, ASDS
2012 – 2014 Member, ASDS Resident Exchange
2012 – 2014 Resident Liaison, ASDS
Community Service Related to Professional Work
2008 – 2010 Co-founder, Indiana University School of Medicine Outreach Clinic.
2014 – 2015 Volunteer, AAD Skin Cancer Screening Program.
2016 Reviewer, Dermatologic Surgery.
2012 – 2014 Reviewer, Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy.
Publications in Scientific Journals
1) Kesler KA, Patel JB, Kruter LE, Birdas TJ, Rieger KM, Okereke IC, Einhorn LH. The “growing teratoma syndrome” in primary mediastinal nonseminomatous germ cell tumors: criteria based on current practice. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012 Aug;144(2):438-43.
2) Birdas TJ, Morad MH, Okereke IC, Rieger KM, Kruter LE, Mathur PN, Kesler KA. Risk factors for bronchopleural fistula after right pneumonectomy: does eliminating the stump diverticulum provide protection? Ann Surg Oncol. 2012 Apr;19(4):1336-42.
3) Kesler KA, Kruter LE, Perkins SM, Rieger KM, Sullivan KJ, Runyan ML, Brown JW, Einhorn LH. Survival after resection for metastatic testicular nonseminomatous germ cell cancer to the lung or mediastinum. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011 Apr;91(4):1085-93.
4) Kesler KA, Hammoud ZT, Rieger KM, Kruter LE, Yu M, Brown JW. Carinoplasty airway closure: a technique for right pneumonectomy. Ann Thorac Surg 2008 Apr;85(4):1178-85.
5) Kesler KA, Rieger KM, Hammoud ZT, Kruter LE, Perkins SM, Turrentine MW, Schneider BP, Einhorn LH, Brown JW. A 25-year single institution experience with surgery for primary mediastinal nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. Ann Thorac Surg 2008 Feb;85(2):371-8.
6) Kruter LE, Saggar V, Akhavan A, Patel B, Umanoff N, Viola K, Stebbins W, Cohen J, Cohen S. Intralesional Bleomycin for Warts: Patcient Satisfaction and Treatment Outocmes. J Cutan Med Surg. 2015 Sept-Oct19(5):470-6
7) Kruter LE, Rohrer TE. Advancement Flaps. Dermatol Surg Oct; 41 Suppl 10:S239-46
8) Khetarpal S, Desai S, Kruter L, Prather H, Petrell K, Depina J, Arndt K, Dover JS. Picosecond laser with specialized optic for facial rejuvenation using a compressed treatment interval. Lasers Surg Med. 2016 Oct;48(8):723-726.
Abstracts, Book Chapters
1) Forquer JA, McGarry RC, Kesler KA, Juliar BE, Watson C, Harkenrider M, Kruter L, Hammoud ZT, Timmerman RD, Fakiris AJ. A Matched-Pair Analysis of Sublobar Resection and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Stage I NSCLC. Poster: American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting; October 2007, Los Angeles, CA.
2) Kruter LE, Kesler KA, Yu M, Hammoud ZT, Rieger KM, Einhorn LH. The predictive value of serum tumor markers for pathologic findings after chemotherapy for primary mediastinal nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. Poster: American Society of Clincal Oncology Annual Meeting’ May 2008, Chicago IL.
3) Ueno CM, Kruter LE, Wooden WA. A Case Report of a Rare Congenital Anomaly: Supernumerary Nostril. Poster: American Society of Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting; October 2009, Seattle WA.
4) Kruter LE, Ueno CM, Wooden WA. Malignant Melanoma of the Head and Neck: A 5 Year Retrospective. Poster: American Medical Women’s Association Annual Meeting; March 2009, Williamsburg, VA.
5) Kruter LE, Ludwig MS, Johnstone PA. Postoperative Radiotherapy for Retroperitoneal Sarcoma: A Population-Based Analysis. Poster: Annual Meeting American Society for Radiation Oncology, 2009, Chicago, IL.
6) Chang AL, Fitzek MM, Kruter LE, Roach K, Thornton AF. Outcomes of Pediatric Craniopharyngioma Treated with Proton Radiation Therapy. Poster: Annual Meeting American Society for Radiation Oncology; October 2009, Chicago IL.
7) Kruter LE, Amin B, Turner R. Polymorphous Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of the Skin: Report of a Rare Cutaneous Adnexal Neoplasm. Poster: Albert Einstein College of Medicine Department of Medicine Annual Resident/Fellow Research Symposium; May 2012, New York, NY.
8) Kruter LE, Rosman I, Amin B, Cohen SR. Ricketssialpox before the Eschar – An early viewof an urban affliction. Poster: Albert Einstein College of Medicine Department of Medicine Annual Resident/Fellow Research Symposium; May 2013, New York, NY.
9) Kruter LE, Amin B, Turner R. Endocrine mucin-producing sweat gland carcinoma: a clinicopathological study of 4 cases. Poster: American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting; Oct 2013, Chicago, IL.
10) Prather H, Desai S, Kruter L, Depina J, Doherty S, Arndt K, Dover J. Clinical Evaluation of the Picosecond 532nm, 755nm and 1064nm Wavelengths for the Removal of Tattoos. American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Annual Meeting; April 2015, Kissimmee, FL.
11) Desai S, Kruter L, Arndt K. Multimodal Therapy for Post-Surgical Scarring. American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Annual Meeting; April 2015, Kissimmee, FL.
12) Vuong C, Han G, Kruter L, Vickers J, Amin B, Jacobson M, Friedman A. A Generalized Pustular Eruption with Fever in the Setting of Multiple Primary Malignancies. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting Gross and Microscopic Symposium; 2015, San Francisco, CA.
2014 Introduction to Dermatologic Surgical Skills, Hands-on Workshop, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.
2014 – 2015 Sub-investigator, PicosureTM Alexandrite laser for the Treatment of Unwanted Tattoos; 2014-2015.
2014 – 2015 Sub-investigator, A Randomized, Prospective, Multicenter, Controlled Study with Blinded, Assessment to Determine the Safety and Effectiveness of the Sebacia Acne Treatment System in the Treatment of Inflammatory Acne Vulgaris.
2014 – 2015 Sub-investigator, Clinical Evaluation of the PicosureTM 755nm Alexandrite Laser for Epidermal and Dermal Pigmented Lesions.
2014 – 2015 Sub-investigator, A phase III, multi-center, randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, single dose trial to demonstrate the safety and efficacy of DWP-450 in adult subjects for treatment of moderate-to-severe glabellar lines.
2015 Sub-investigator, A MultiCenter, Randomized, DoubleBlinded, Placebo Controlled Study, Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of LIPO202 for the Reduction of Central, Abdominal Bulging Due to Subcutaneous Fat in NonObese Subjects.
2015 Sub-investigator, A Multi-center, Open-Label, Single-Dose, Phase II Trial to Demonstrate the, Safety of DWP-450 in Adult Subjects for Treatment of Moderate-to-Severe Glabellar Lines.